Friday, January 13, 2012

Surf Fishing


Winter has arrived in Indiana, only 13 degrees this morning and snow covering everything which made it a perfect day to paint.  You must be asking "who" is surf fishing??  Well make sure you follow the blog as I will update the picture while I am working on it.  New Zealand has very rocky beaches, nothing like the Florida white sand beaches but equally as beautiful.  In fact the colors of the rocks, sky and water are much more vibrant in New Zealand.  In this painting I am attempting to push the colors to what I remember from our trip to this beach.  The rocks were so rugged and sharp, I felt like a very senior citizen trying to navigate the rocks and then I watched children, adults and dogs scurry across the rocks barefoot as if they were walking on the Florida beaches!  New Zealanders are definitely a rugged group of people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment