Friday, November 9, 2012

New Zealand Surf Fishing


I started this painting last year in acyrlics and I didn't like it so I decided I would wait and do it in oil.  I have been working in oils for the past year and this is my first large painting in oils, 28 x 22.  This is Kawakawa Bay in South Auckland, it's on the east coast. The fisherman is missing at the moment and I hope to get him in the painting by the end of next week. New Zealand is so pretty and the colors are so vivid  and I really tried to capture that in the painting.  I am guessing that I will work more on the clouds and little more on the water before I add the fisherman!  If I could revisit any one place that I have traveled to it would be New Zealand, in fact I would love to spend a year in New Zealand.  It's absolutely beautiful.  ...and I still don't know how people walk barefoot on these rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment