Thursday, January 16, 2014

Teapot with Sunflowers

Indiana surveyed the winter storm, but just barely!  Today is another pretty winter day, but a cold winter day.  I thought the teapot with some sunflowers would put some sunshine in the day!  There was nothing easy about this little painting.  It's an  8" x 6" oil painting and the teapot was my challenge.

I have an art class every Tuesday and after class we always go to lunch.  One our favorite places is a spot on Michigan Road in Zionsville, Indiana.  The cafe also has an antique shop of which some items are antiques and other items are just fun things to purchase.  I bought this teapot about three months ago and decided with all the snow and ice it would be a good time to set up a still life!  I have one more still life with this teapot and I hope to finish it by today.  Tomorrow I leave for San Jose, California to visit my son, daughter in law and their mountain baby.  A week in the Santa Cruz mountains sounds like fun and a nice winter break.  I'm  taking some nice shiny sparkling pink tennis shoes for the mountain baby.  I'm sure they will be a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment